What not to do:

Choose premises that conflict with government leases, occupancy certificates and building deeds of mutual covenant;
Select premises located in commercial and residential buildings or residential buildings without independent access to the entrance;
commences the sale or supply of intoxicating alcoholic beverages on the premises before the licensing authority has issued a liquor licence;
Disregarding requirements imposed by other government departments (including the Police Force, Buildings Department, Fire Services Department and Environmental Protection Department), even though a license has been issued by the licensing authority;
Offer advantages to members of the Liquor Licensing Board and government officials in their dealings with the Liquor Licensing Board and government departments;
No incomplete statement, declaration or statement shall be made or any incorrect information (in whatever form such statement, declaration, statement or information may be) given in any document prepared or provided for the purpose of a licence.
Things to do:

Before making an investment or renting a unit, the applicant should consider whether the operation of the liquor sales business on the relevant premises will violate the designated use of the “Government Land Deed”, “Building Deed of Mutual Covenant” or “Occupancy Permit”; carefully select the site and pay special attention to the structure of the premises , including fire safety and sanitation, and whether it will bring adverse effects to nearby residents;
Recently, there have been quite a few cases of applications for liquor licenses for upstairs bars, but the liquor licenses were not approved by the Liquor Licensing Bureau and the Municipal Services Appeals Board because the number of upstairs bars in the building had reached a certain level. In this regard, if the applicant invests in the upstairs bar, he should carefully consider it carefully before signing the lease contract (if you have any questions about this, please call the company for more inquiries;
If the premises are located in mixed commercial and residential buildings, no matter whether they are located on the upper floor or the ground floor, various concerns should also be paid attention to. If the premises will cause noise nuisance to nearby residents, the Liquor Licensing Bureau may impose appropriate licensing conditions or even reject the liquor license application according to the circumstances;
Carefully consider whether the location of the premises is suitable for the business related to the liquor license, especially if there are live bands or loudspeakers playing music on the premises, as the noise generated will cause nuisance. Therefore, site selection in predominantly residential areas should be avoided;
Pay attention to the noise transmitted through the building structure and affect the structurally connected areas of the premises, and consider installing suitable sound insulation/vibration-proof devices, such as installing sound-proof doors and windows to reduce the transmission of noise from the premises to the outside;
Strictly follow the recommendations of the Environmental Protection Department on “Good Practices to Reduce Noise from Karaoke and Disco”, especially if the selected premises are located under or near the residence.
***The above content is subject to the final announcement of the relevant government departments